Could Basic Attention Token (BAT) be a good HOLD, and why?

Learn how to fund your retirement with my Cryptocurrency Course for $10: https://www.udemy.com/cryptocurrency/?couponCode=CRYP10

Follow me on Steem here: https://steemit.com/@suppoman

Would you subscribe to my Cryptocurrency podcast: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/hero/id1233635268?mt=2​​​

Get started with me on Coinbase today here: https://www.coinbase.com/join/58da6c18b6c7053a85

Here is some of what was said in the news Article: Basic Attention Token (BAT) raises $35million in less than 30 seconds!

In the last couple of months Crypto Insider has covered many Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) and token sales, each spectacularly breaking previous records and raising more money (tens of millions of dollars) in less time (minutes).

Two weeks ago Crypto Insider reported that the Aragon Network Token (ANT) sale raised $25 million in 15 minutes, shattering the previous record achieved by the Gnosis token sale. But now web browser maker Brave, founded by former Mozilla CEO Brendan Eich, raised $35 million from its Basic Attention Token sale in less than 30 seconds, TechCrunch reports.

The news is spectacular enough to have been covered by many mainstream news outlets. Fortune notes that the token sale was so popular that some investors who missed out complained they had no chance to even make a bid. Only about 130 people were able to buy tokens in the offering, and five buyers got close to half of all the available supply. Engadget and Breitbart News note that Eich, who was forced to step down as Mozilla CEO for supporting unpopular political positions, is now back and sitting on a big pile of cash.

Basic Attention Token (BAT) is a blockchain-based digital advertising platform based on Ethereum smart contracts. The BAT allows publishers, advertisers, and users to connect in a “more efficient, transparent and decentralized marketplace that reduces fraud, privacy violations, and malvertisements while increasing publisher revenue.” The tokens will be exchanged in a secure, private, and anonymous advertising system based on the Brave browser and its mobile application.

“We look forward to developing the BAT to its fullest extent to enable a new blockchain-based digital advertising platform,” reads the terse official announcement of the successful completion of the BAT ICO. “Publishers, advertisers, and users all stand to benefit from a user-centric platform that supports web content. Some of this functionality is already prototyped in the Brave browser, using bitcoin and allowing users to opt-in to automated micro-donations to websites and account owners.”

“We are especially excited about the 300 million BATs available in the user growth pool. This resource will be used to incentivize users to join the platform, benefiting publishers and helping to ensure the success of the project.”

1. Daniel Hill
    Daniel Hill says:

Accelerate the process of winning and being involved in a great business within the shortest time frame, irrespective of your fields, trade and invest in cryptocurrency and bitcoin today. this is a currency accepted world wide and the value is incredible making you more than 10000 U$D in a month. Start today and be among those to rejoice and celebrate such financial success. Don't miss out!!! I belong to an organization that is vested in cryptocurrency and bitcoin mining, with various membership levels. I've made so much more than my retirement budget. So why not stand out?

2. Omar S
    Omar S says:

You shouldn't get too excited about buying at 20 cents and the price reaching 32 cents unless your plan was to sell after a few days. A month after you bought it for 20 cents the price is now 7 cents; so you lost more than 50% of what you put in. If you get too excited about your virtual gains it shows you are a newbie to trading. You need to understand that both a buyer and seller can be right; just depends on when they plan to close the position. Your gains or loses are virtual until you close the position. Of course you are planning to hold for a year or more, until the price is above what you bought it at. But if that is the case than you should be buying small amounts over a period of time using dollar cost averaging; this would get you a better entry point. I'm glad to see that you are pro BAT; in a few years it will have a market cap of many billions and these prices when the market cap was a about $200M will seem insignificant.

3. bobphils
    bobphils says:

HIS WEBSWSITE IS CRAPOLA. HE SAYS THAT IF YOU JOIN HIS GROUP AND PAY A FEE, YOU'LL GET TO SEE WHAT HE IS INVESTING IN IN ADVANCE OF PUBLICATION TO PUBLIC. HE IS A LIAR. THIS GUY SOUNDS GOOD AND CAN MOVE PRICE ON COINS BUT HE IS OBVIOUSLY ONLY A SCAM ARTIST DOING PUMP ON YOUTUBE WHILE HE IS DUMPING. SHAME SHAME SHAM ON YOU SUPPO-LIAR.

4. Wesley
    Wesley says:

Could somebody point me in the right direction on how I go about buying Lisk?
    I cannot find anywhere that you can buy it with a credit card, so wat should I do?

5. Sunny Kallenbach
    Sunny Kallenbach says:

I am so happy I found out about this cryptocurrency. After having a webinar where everything was explained to me I am convinced that it's going to be bigger than many crypto's on the market! Many important people are behind this project and the marketing around it is running like a charm! The features they highlighted look so promising. On top of that I never dealed with such an amazing community willing to help eachother. If you want more information, add me on Facebook 'Sunny Escapades'. I give many tips about cryptotrading aswell. Set yourself financially free and don't miss this fantastic opportunity.

6. Stefan Goya
    Stefan Goya says:

Doubling you money in one day with cryptos is a frequent occurrence – 5-15x in a few days is not uncommon. It looks like this year some big money has caught on. I got STEEM a few months ago for $.065, six and a half cents. Too bad I did not get more. There are new coins every day that are sometimes as cheap as $.00001…I got 1 million for $200 – buy 20 of these cheap coins HODL and maybe get real lucky!

7. Ben K
    Ben K says:

I agree that it has good value to it. But i think the realistic expectations for the medium to long term would be that it get's to 1billion market cap. Because there are 1billion BAT coins that would mean it would get to 1dollar which is basically times 3. Now that isn't bad at all but it's nothing to compare to blitzcash, because of blitzcash there are only 4million coins…